July 31, 2009

A Big Thanks

to Ashley McHugh, co-editor at Linebreak, for being a pleasure to work with in general, and for her extraordinarily thoughtful questions and careful attention to my work.

After publishing my poem "Errata," Ashley asked if she could interview me. Of course I thought, well, yeah---but who the *&^% am I? I don't even have a book yet.

You'd never know that Ashley was interviewing a young writer just trying to make her way. The questions she posed are so flattering because her careful reading of the poem is so apparent. Some of the questions were pretty strange, while others showed that Ashley had picked up on all of the nuances of the piece (things I hadn't expected her to draw out).

So, I'm grateful to her and to the other Linebreak eds. I'm a bit embarrassed by some of my own answers, but if you're interested, you can read the interview here.

***

2 comments:

32poems.com said...

All right, that poem at Linebreak blew my head clear off. Nice work. Deborah @32poems

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Thanks, Deborah, that means a lot to me. I appreciate the read and the comment.