July 28, 2009

In Rudeness...

It has occurred to me, after reading a post by a new fellow-blogger, that I'm not the most socially-aware blogger on the planet. So, here I'd like to give a shout out for the new blogs I've added recently--a couple of great poets that I met at Sewanee: Luke Johnson and Anna Evans. Definitely get over to their blogs to check out what they have to say in general, as well as to read their work.

Also, my friend Eric Smith's blog is getting some good reviews these days, so pop over there as well.

Finally, the blog I read most often (for those interested) is Sarah Sloat's. This is a woman who posts regularly, so I know that I can visit her blog and expect something new. Furthermore, she can lay down a four-line post and wow me. I appreciate that.

*End Scene*

***

4 comments:

Eric said...

Good reviews? I think you've been on the mountain too long.

Also: I would like to put your last two posts in a time-traveling pneumatic tube and thwoop them back to you a month or so ago. Just to see.

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Curious. I'd love for you to elaborate on why it is, exactly, that you'd "thwoop" me these last two posts. Are they wrong/good/happy/unusual? Pray tell, Mr. Smith. And did I tell you I sang your praises at Sewanee? It's true. I learned to mingle a bit. I feel dirty.

Eric said...

Because from here, it looked as if you had almost talked yourself out of going or into arriving with some misgiving about the whole thing. I'm only glad you went and had a nice time, mingling included.

Thanks for being nice about me. I could use an army of goodwill-bearing emissaries to pave (and repave) my way to nearly everywhere.

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Ah, yes, indeed---I was certainly apprehensive. See? Go in with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised. I really did have a great time.

And I think we all need someone to pave and repave the way. A group effort.

PS: Talking to William Logan is...well, it's...not very much fun, really.