But I went 80 anyway: Chicago to Indianapolis to Louisville (my favorite) to Elizabethtown, where the hills roll green over green.
I never knew Kentucky was so lovely. And I never knew that the sun, at 8pm, could burn half of my face. I am a before and after.
Today's travel guide?
A pool full of dead gnats is okay if the pool is empty. When the ARMY reserve men come, go back to the hotel room, so they don't have to comment on not getting "the pretty lady wet while she's reading" and then get the book wet anyway. Grown men and their cannonballs. Aye.
An open road is best seen through moist, mascara-free contact lenses. Everyone should see the Louisville Slugger Field. Very cool.
Never ever pass up a White Castle; never ever eat anything from Ruby Tuesday.
Learn all the words to Death Cab for Cutie songs and photograph everything.
May the hills lead swiftly to the mountain I'll call home for the next two weeks.
***
No comments:
Post a Comment