After watching Towelhead, I felt jittery, sick to my stomach, and strangely happy. What a crazy world; what a haunting film; what a lovely end.
It probably wasn't something I should have watched alone. It's the kind of movie you need to talk out after watching, to work out the kinks with a fellow viewer. First, sitting with slack jaws, then taking that deep breath you need after two hours of breathlessness. At times, I had to pause it and take a break just to make it through. Wow.
And just as I received a late-night email from Linebreak last weekend, tonight I received an after-midnight email from Boxcar Poetry Review--the online journal that's picking up my poem "Elegy for a Skinwalker." I'm glad she has a home.
I feel proud of myself: today, I fixed the broken toilet, and I didn't even break the porcelain.
1 comment:
Congrats on the poem and the toilet (I feel like I'm always congratulating you about poetry-related news. Which is because you're awesome).
I'll have to watch that.
Post a Comment