May 25, 2009

Counting Neuroses

1:30 am: exhausted and restless.

Late night emails have my mind churning.

1) I've rec'd a scholarship to attend a rather competitive writers' conference this summer. This is great news. I should do a little dance, but if I attend, my roadtrip can't happen. Hmmm...

2) Linebreak editors emailed to say that they are open to recommendations for a poet to read my poem online. The sooner it's recorded, the sooner it's up. Hmmm...

I've also been asked to participate in an interview for their blog (if I wasn't so tired, I might feel a little bit cool), so I should be feeling stoked about all of it. Yet, I'm blase. A third hmmm...

Roadtrip v. Conference? Poet I'd like to read my poem? Will I cringe (later) about the answers I give for an interview?

There are far worse things to lie awake about. I know. Must sleep.

No comments: