June 1, 2009

8 Hours of Sleep

Here it is: Issue 20 of Boxcar Poetry Review, which includes my poem "Elegy for a Skinwalker". I have to say--waking early to find these poems was a treat. I'm in some really good company here. Halfway through, and I haven't found a poem I didn't want to finish. Good stuff. Check it out!

Beyond that, this morning I'm thinking Chest Medicine, The Graving Dock, and My Frontal Lobe & Me.

This last one's a joke, though I did have a dream that I was standing in a public restroom staring at the "wires" running around in my open (and dented) forehead. Weird. I am, however, considering pulmonology, oceanology, or limnology (the study of inland waters, literally: lake knowledge) as very real possibilities for the disciplines I mentioned a few posts ago.

I went to bed at 10 last night (hasn't happened since I was...well, I don't know when), and I woke up stoked to meet Leslie Adrienne Miller. I'm ready for the poem-a-day challenge. Again: Here. We. Go.

2 comments:

SarahJane said...

Hey - enjoyed your poem. That first image of October leaves taking apart their light makes beautiful sense.

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Thanks, Sarah. :)