It's pre-rummage sale and cross-country move hell. While I do enjoy filtering the old, I can't help but inspectigate each and every thing before saving or tossing. Every picture, birthday card, old stack of poems. And I find it a bit sad, actually, as I'm about to move so far away from the life that most of this "stuff" represents. Last night I stumbled into old photos, and there were so many young faces; I'd nearly forgotten we weren't always this old.
A part of me is tempted to clear the table w/the back of my hand, drive out to Salt Lake City and start entirely new. But I have to bring the cat AND the kids. So...oh well. For now, I sort and stack and price.
And I also say thank you to the editors at DMQ Review, who just released their brand spanky issue which includes my poem "Coffee."
*****
No comments:
Post a Comment