April 7, 2010

Sadness & Gloom

that I'm currently missing AWP, but happiness & grins that DMQ Review has accepted my poem "Coffee" for publication in its next issue AND that the University of Utah has decided to give me a Vice-Presidential Fellowship, meaning that I won't teach my first two years of the PhD. What's that? I can study, learn a new language, and still have time to play Pictionary with Boy 1 & 2? Well, hell yeah.

Other than that, I have little else to say just now. Most of my thoughts are for my oldest son, who is becoming quite a young man in a very difficult time. Send all the good vibes you can spare.

*****

7 comments:

Traci Brimhall said...

Congrats on DMQ and the Fellowship!

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Thanks, Traci.

Luke Johnson said...

Thinking about you and wishing you were also on the way to AWP. Good luck on the home front, and huge congrats on the fellowship--that's big-time...

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Thx, LJ. Hug my Annas!

Lavernas said...

Lisa, that all sounds pretty awesome.

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Yeah, things fall into place, I guess, Tom.

Sarah Wangler said...

*hugs* You made the right choice re: Utah. I'm thinking of you and yours.