April 24, 2010

As We Near the End

of NPM, I'm sharing a part of my contribution to the MQT community by adding a new column to the blog: Poems on the Radio. If you'd like to hear me sound like a stranger reading a couple of poems (that's how I always hear myself played back), you can do so. I've posted two poems from In the Carnival of Breathing. *NOTE: "Errata" first appeared on Linebreak, and "Respiration" first appeared in 32 Poems (just to be safe...not sure of the legalities on this).

ALSO: I'd like to put together a summer reading list--something to help me from losing my mind as I'm about to take on a summer course, a rummage sale, a 1500-mile move, and as much beach time as possible--so please tell me your favorite new (or old) poetry collection (or novel).

I've just finished To The Lighthouse, so if you know of something to complement or contrast--whatever--I'm all ears (or eyes).

Thanks!

L

*****

4 comments:

Traci Brimhall said...

If you liked "To the Lighthouse," you must, must, must read "The Waves." It's one of two novels that made me wish I could write prose. The other was "Housekeeping" by Marilynne Robinson.

jason said...

Check out "Gain" by Richard Powers. I'm reading it right now and it is blowing my mind.

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Added! thx.

Luke Johnson said...

"This is Just Exactly Like You" by Drew Perry (novel) and "The Diminishing House" by Nicky Beer (poetry) both did it for me, recently.