3 days to no-more-teaching-for-two-years!
7 days to my first, official reading.
12 days to the second.
14 days to my final Fourth of July in Green Bay.
27 days to Cody's birthday (and our party).
35 days til we hit the road, and don't come back
for a while. I keep wondering how I'll feel. I know
this is nothing that I can prepare for. Sometimes,
I notice that when I hike, I find myself less intent
on the lake, and I realize, I'm kind of a freak. I want
to believe in the euphoria that precedes death,
when the body no longer craves. I think of goodbyes
this way--these tiny deaths. See? I told you. Freak.
As a result of the "Challenge of a Lifetime" *dun-dun-dun*,
I wrote something that smells like a poem. An ode. My first
(by title anyway).
Ode to the Bottle
was here for a short time. bye, Ode!
*****
I think it's time to pack a box now.
No comments:
Post a Comment