May 26, 2010

Goodbye, May!

List #322

What, precisely, is measured by cables stretched across streets?
And why does everyone slow down at the sight of their own speed?
Any dentist will try to save the last tooth in a man’s mouth.
Anger is never productive but is a product of impatience, which is a reflection of the loss a girl feels against a lock.
In an era of cell phones, we crave dial tones.
I didn’t realize the stuffed animal (Teddy) was named after the president. Yes, it was a heavy rock, but I crawled out.
No, I’m not using drugs.
Secrets are exhausting, but May lake-jumps are wholly rejuvenating.
A phrase I hope my son says: “Thanks for not ruining my life.”
I’ll stop anything I’m doing for a first kiss
on TV.

*****

I have, in support and celebration of my first chapbook, Back-Talk, scheduled my first reading.

If you’re able, I’d love to see you at The Joy Center on Sunday, June 27th at 7pm.

*****

2 comments:

MM said...

I hope to make a reading and jump into a lake as well. I might have a secret or two, too!

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Does this involve questions I've already asked about another state which doesn't make sense to me but has come up on more than one occasion, and how can you tease me so?

Hurry. The lake and I are waiting. Bring the poetry with you; it's been ultimately dry 'round these parts for months!

Oh, it's on...I'm really leaving. Everyday, I realize it a little more. Wow.