Let me say: ineluctable, invidious, plangent, peregrination, prestidigitation, peroration, superannuation, senescence, and nugatory. Phew. I feel better. Uh-huh.
But then: La Fovea, too.
Today, I shipped off a very important mailing.
Next week, I'm burning the GRE prep book.
For now, I'm skating the edge of insanity. But of course there's a bright side, I now know more words that I'll never have the opportunity to use. Such a feeling of accomplishment really.
****
3 comments:
Hi Lisa,
Haven't read your blog in a while, but I just caught up - first, don't worry about what will happen after you graduate. Jobs are available, if you're willing to work hard and adjunct. I, for one, have jobs coming out of my ears, and all I did was apply for them. You've got a great CV, qualifications up the ass, and you're also articulate, something I'm not (and I still managed to get jobs).
Second, I sympathize with you about the GRE. I'm studying for it too. But it's kind of fun, don't you think? Learning new words is never pointless, esp. for a poet.
What I hate is the math. . . .
Happy belated birthday. I hope you figure everything out. I wouldn't worry too much.
P.S. I've already learned so much about working in this field. If you want to talk, I could give you tons of advice.
Elizabeth,
So good to hear from you! Sounds like things are working out. Good for you--jobs coming out of your ears!
Of course I'm open to advice/new perspectives. My big concerns, of course, are centered around the boys. I can't just move them here and there. We need to settle and live without worrying about ducats all the time.
And I agree, new words are fun. The trick test questions? Not so much. The math? I haven't even looked at it. I'll do how I do. I know that the math doesn't matter for the PhD programs I want, and really, the scores don't matter at all for most CW programs.
In any case, I've been applying for jobs when they come up and keeping my toes crossed.
Thanks, Elizabeth!
Lisa
Post a Comment