October 30, 2009

Gray Days

But I'm sharing them with Mollers (my favorite pooch)--lakeside, skippin' rocks and laughing while she tries to herd the churning waves.

I've been too busy to update here, but I want to say thanks to Rhett from Cave Wall for taking my poems "My Lake" and "View from the High Road" and for her lovely acceptance. It's not every day an editor says so many nice things. Warms my heart on a gray day. More soon...

****

2 comments:

Casey said...

They got "My Lake"? That's one lucky journal! I love that poem.

Congrats Lisa!

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Thanks, Casey.

And you know, not only do I enjoy Cave Wall, but the editor, Rhett, was so great about the poems that I felt really good about her taking them. She had such lovely things to say, and I've never had an editor say they'd be "grateful" to have my work. To me, that makes all the difference. I feel good about it.

Hope you're well there in Madtown. An email...soon!

L