My Intro to Creative Writing group finished their final, fourth day of full-class poetry workshop. Somehow, we survived. Now it's on to CNF. I think I speak for us all when I say, what a relief.
After class, my first-ever book blurb was waiting for me in my inbox. I probably shouldn't even mention this, so I'll only say that it made me so excited I did a little dance.
I later learned that no matter how hard I try, I'll never be photogenic. 150 pics taken---10 of which are maybes. Sorry, Stace (thanks for tryin')!
Luckily, the folks at The Dirty Napkin didn't require a photo from me, though I can assure you I botched the reading of my poem that's up there as of today. I recommend NOT listening to it. Really.
There's a funny story about the phone recording, but it will suffice to say that I was parked on a street, blocking a man's driveway at the time. The man waiting just kept saying, "The bear will not move." Apparently the bear couldn't read either. Yikes.
Nevertheless, it's a pretty darn good issue with a snazzy new layout. NOTE 1: you can't click on the author's name from the front page. Hit the -----> on the bottom to enter the table of contents.
NOTE 2: one of my closest friends---a lovely woman and kickass poet---Aubrey Ryan is also featured. I've given you the handy-dandy link so you can check her out. Who knew that someone could write something so lyrical involving Sarah Palin? Go Aubs.
****
No comments:
Post a Comment