September 9, 2009

Chapbook Update

I've been working with the editors from ROOMS, via email, and I just wanted to take a minute here to thank them, particularly Danika and Ethan, for being so accommodating and invested in my work and the process of its publication.

They've selected an artist to design a cover image for the book, which is exciting, and hopefully all will be in the works (ie: at the printer) by early November.

I'd say that this is a good start--in terms of their communication, professionalism, willingness, and commitment--to a new small press (Articles Press) and lit journal (Rooms Outlast Us).

If you haven't already checked them out, do so. If you're interested in being featured in a new and promising journal, check that out here (Issue 1 included work by Jack Collom & Lyn Hejinian, Julie Doxsee, Eric Pankey, Matthew Savoca and Laura Sims). If you're interested in submitting to their second annual chapbook competition, check that out, too.

I know there's a lot of talk about which presses a person ought to select or shoot for, but those are just names. So far, I'm very pleased with the people who are handling this process. And I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

*****

No comments: