Girl One: long, jet-black hair and a three-piece suit. Everyday. (Willa Cather?)
Girl Two: a purple bustier outside a pink tanktop one day and a clown suit the next.
Girl Three: the poetry lover who dislikes every poem I've brought for discussion.
Girl Five: doesn't read.
Girl Four: isn't a girl at all.
Boy One: isn't playing the devil's advocate...he may very well be a relative.
Boy Two: hood-up, eyes down. Everyone (else) here's stupid.
Boy Three: may write fiction but would rather write plays. Definitely no poems.
Boy Four: is pretty sure he can't journal in longhand...this is the 21st Century.
Boy Five: the repeat offender, prized pupil, my hope.
Variations on this student body exist. Please visit Jamrich 242 for more details, or stay tuned for further updates on this new crew of Intro to Creative Writers.
****
In other news, I'm back to work on a new series. Books to mine:
The Encyclopedia of Mummies
Forensics for Dummies (again)
Grave Matters
Grave Expectations
The Egyptian Way of Death
The Complete Guide to Funeral Planning
Why do books about death and funeral planning have such funny (punny?) names?
****
And although I'm addicted to Weeds, the library didn't have the second season. Instead, I rented The Way We Were (yep, I sure did). On VHS (you hang in there VHS!).
****
Let the race begin...
****
Oh, I almost forgot: a big thanks to Deborah Ager at 32 Poems for accepting one of my poems for their upcoming issue. I have to say, I love the David Johnson Facebook Status Updates on the back of the Spring/Summer '09 issue. Very, very funny. Makes me want to friend him. Also, in this issue--as always--some great poems, including a couple by my friend Casey Thayer. Woot!
****
2 comments:
These characters lack depth. Revise and resubmit... ;)
Season 2 was the high point (no pun) for me. I think the subsequent seasons lose a little steam.
Big ups on 32 poems. Like I've already told you, you're on fire lady!
Luke! You used an emoticon. I'm marking this date. :)
I miss you...
Post a Comment