December 6, 2008

St. Nick Came FOR ME!

and just when I needed something to believe in. Today, MQT is nothing but a snowglobe tossed and tossed. This makes the world feel as it should this time of year.

And better yet, I've just received notice that my poem "Posing for Aunt Sandy" will appear in the December issue of The Pedestal Magazine, and I will link to my piece directly from the sidebar once it's available (it's due to come out December 21st). For now, you can peruse the mag if you've not read it already.

Oh, happy day. St. Nick, you rascal. There might even be a snow angel in this for you.

4 comments:

jason shrontz said...

Congratulations on your poem! December 21st is a fine day to come out. I also came out 29 years ago on that date. (was born, that is.)

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Thanks, Jason! Happy early "coming out" day. :)

Adam Houle said...

Isn't the 21st the shortest day of the year, too? Congrats, L, and lucky Pedestal as well. It's a great piece.

Lisa Fay Coutley said...

Thanks, A. I guess it's an all-around holiday, isn't it. Woohoo! Yes, lucky Pedestal; now, for all the other "lucky" journals currently reading my work...ha.