I want to share another poem so as to get myself used to exposing my new, strangers-to-me pieces because I'm about to undertake the Tupelo 30/30 challenge in the month of November, which means one poem each day will be posted on the Tupelo site, and while I'm sure no one will be paying attention, the driving idea that even one person is reading my words will nag at me in such a way that I won't rest until my arm is dead-heavy from the hammer and chisel I've held up to the page all goddamned day everyday.
I. Cannot. Wait.
& I'm terrified.
:)
Yesterday's poem posted today briefly. Read or don't. Comment or cartwheel. Thanks.
and it's gone...
*****
2 comments:
So I guess I have to check out the blog every day if I want to read a poem, even though there's not a blog entry every day, because there may not be something there, but if there is a poem, it won't be there soon, in which case there also won't be something there. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football but in a Zen koan kind of way ... :)
Hey, MAT:
I'd hate to make anyone feel as if they've missed something; it's very likely you didn't miss much with my poem draft. That said, if you want to see how I can Charlie Brown all day long, I will be posting poems on Tupelo's website every day in the month of November. It promises to be embarrassing, I assure you. (more on that here in the future)
And I suppose you could always follow my blog in the event that I should write a poem, post it, and whisk it away before the online journal gods slap my wrists and don't let me publish things.
Thanks for stopping in and trying to read me!
LF
Post a Comment