In two days, friends, I'm embarking on a 30/30 with Tupelo Press--a poem a day for thirty days and all of them posted on Tupelo's website. You can support me in this scary and exciting adventure by following along and laughing and crying and sometimes probably cringing with me at the day's output. You can support Tupelo's longstanding excellence in publication with a donation. There are a number of ways to do this, but I've set a goal to raise $500 for them in the next 30 days, and I hope you can help me meet it. You can:
1--Subscribe to Tupelo Press (buy 9 books for 99 bucks; they'll pay postage) and be sure to put my name in the "comments" field.
2--Donate an amount of your choosing via Tupelo and put my name in the "honor" field.
3--Donate via Paypal and put my name in the "message" field.
I have to admit, I'm as nervous as I am excited. This month isn't just about writing 30 poems in 30 days. It's about finishing my doctoral dissertation (my second book). It's about diligence and moving forward and growing as a poet and falling back in love with words in a way I was before I started down the academic path. Maybe that's unrealistic, but I'm still hoping to see what can happen now that I am outside of the academy for the first time in over a decade and that I have this month devoted just to writing.
For your support, I'm willing to do a few different things and to take suggestions about what else I might do:
I could write a poem in your honor.
I could write a poem from a prompt you choose from the list I'll post here in the next few days.
I could write a poem on a topic of your choosing.
I could record poems and upload them here (dedicated to my supporters).
I will assemble handmade chapbooks to distribute in December to those supporters who subscribe to Tupelo (9 books for 99 bucks), which is a thing I used to love to do at the end of each academic year during my undergrad days, so this will be exciting for me, too.
I will send you postcards with poem snippets on them.
I will... I don't know what else... feel free to make more suggestions of what I might do. And please know that I really appreciate your support--from making suggestions here to watching me rise and fall on Tupelo's site all month long to supporting Tupelo's writers and their vision in addition to my own.
All best,
LF
1 comment:
Good start!
Post a Comment