It seems my cat is losing whiskers this week. Does this mean she's going to start stumbling around the house like a drunk? Is that a myth---about a cat's balance? I'm sure I could ask some devilish teen who has heard such a thing and then cut off all of his (come on, you know only a boy would do this) cat's whiskers, just to see. Or I could do a Google search. Nah.
Instead, I''ll post a(nother) shameless plug because a friend pointed out Blackbird's new issue was up. So this morning, when the webpage loaded, I saw Larry Levis (who needs no further introduction), and Katie Ford (who I had the good fortunate of meeting one summer in Iowa City), and Gerald Stern (wonderful profile!), and then I scrolled down to see my silly mug. I let out a loud laugh, not realizing I'd be in that first row of faces on the site (as I believe these are rolling photos). Anyway, it took me by surprise, in a good way. So, check out the issue---it's lovely as always, and you can check out my poems there if you'd like.
Man, I really miss my parrot. As for the man? All fiction.
******
No comments:
Post a Comment