For those of you keeping up, I have a new Astro/Po poem at Tupelo's site. This one's a loose sonnet reincorporating a line from yesterday's haiku.
And as a note for myself, maybe, to find later or for readers who care or writers who've experienced this--it's interesting to step so far away from the poet in me and then step back and see how the process shifts. When I first started writing, I grappled with my process so willingly. It was done this way at this time (really, then, writing was happening all the time wherever I went)--horrifying drafts and then revise revise revise, and over the years I was writing only in spurts or just for workshop deadlines as grad school was busier and busier and the boys got bigger and bigger, and now that I'm devoting most of my time to writing (granted, a lot of this writing consists of drafting academic letters), I'm settling into a whole new process of noting scraps during a morning hike, or noting an image during a run or a drive, etc, and I'm able to use lines and ideas as starting points days later in a way that I was never able to before. Funny how I adapt. Who knew I was capable of growth? Huh.
3 comments:
Like today's poem a lot. So, you're process has changed/shifted. How has the astronaut's process changed/shifted in turn. Or has it? Just trying to be helpful.
Ed
"Your" not "you're." Sweet Petunia.
Ha, thanks, Ed--for reading the poem and for trying to help. :)
Post a Comment