More--intimate?--posts to follow, certainly, as this has been another whirlwind move across the country back to a place I love, where I'm facing myself in the lake again (ie: learning to breathe again), but first a few notices, announcements, and a heaping helping of gratitude.
First of all, I feel grateful to be welcomed back into a community of poets and yoopers (thanks to new friends who've already helped me more than I could have imagined--you know who you are), and I'm eager to work with aspiring writers and talk some real talk with lovers of language here (and there).
See my summary of editorial services on the Marquette Poets Circle website (thanks, Janeen Rastall, for posting this information here!).
Check out the two online workshops I'm teaching through The Writer's Center in Bethesda:
Silence and Sound: The Line
In this workshop we will focus on the power of the line, the various ways we might break a line and why, exploring one of the greatest tools a poet can wield (the line, with all of its sound and silence).
Poaching for Poems
You're already reading around in various other disciplines anyway, and now we'll try to recognize and mine the ways in which they intersect with our lives and the poetic moments therein.
In both of these workshops we'll be reading, drafting, and revising consistently and maintaining a steady conversation about the struggles and pleasures of the processes.
And thank you to the editors at the failbetter and cream city review for publishing these new poems, including the two new Self-Portraits that snuck into Errata after I thought she was finished.
"Self-Portrait as Pyrocumulonimbus" & "Driving Up-Canyon with My Two Teen Sons"
"Self Portrait as Mountains Surrounding a Dry Lakebed"
*****
xo,
LF
No comments:
Post a Comment