November 27, 2012

Thanks. Giving.

I wanted to post a long-ish post last Thursday, but I also wanted to wait until I could properly thank the National Endowment for the Arts (and panelists) for supporting my work (not that they're reading my blog, but you know, a girl does what she can). To be included on this list has really made my whole year. And then some. Wow. People have asked what we're going to do w/the money, and they laugh when I say "eat," but it's true. I'm just so excited to not have to worry about how we'll do that next year (you ever try to feed teenagers from the organic section? man alive!). So, thank you thank you thank you, universe--i.e.: all of my professors, friends, and family who have been so supportive of my writing. So grateful. Also really happy for my friends and fellow poets, Traci Brimhall and Meg Day, among others, who also received NEAs this year. Such good company. Such good poems!

Also very excited to have two of my new Poet & Astronaut poems chosen for publication in Ecotone (big thanks to those editors)! Can't wait to see them in print!

In general, I feel pretty fortunate today. Now, to bring myself back down to Earth, I'll go read some Kant. Oh joy. Oh rapture.

xo,
LF

No comments: