April 13, 2011

It's Been So Long...

so very, very long. If you're familiar with the original version of The Parent Trap with Hayley Mills, *maybe* you recognize this. Otherwise there are my sister's and my favorite lines (the kind we rewound [the VCR was so neato to us!] 100 times and laughed just as hard each time)...when one Hayley says to the other Hayley and so on:

Is it cold in here?
I am hot!
Want a fig newton?

You have to imagine it in her British way, and it's... well, it's funny damnit.

Anyway, it has been too long since I've posted, especially since this is National Poetry Month! I miss the radio readings I'd done each year at NMU (you can hear some from the links to the right, if you're so inclined), so for that reason, I'm sharing my latest poem. Comment or don't or whatever. It'll be here for five minutes or so...

Careo

is now gone!


*****




No comments: