March 5, 2011

Hackles & Dander

So, I woke up this morning after a really difficult parenting week. I'm not going to exhaust you w/the details of my life, but after sleeping in on a Saturday morning, I woke to this news article (about Rahna Reiko Rizzuto, author of Hiroshima in the Morning, who "left"--they keep saying "left"--her kids in the care of their father because she realized she was a better woman/mother for doing so).

Super controversial, of course. And I'd like to say how I feel about it, but I'd like to hear from others first, especially because I think that over this particular topic and my feelings about it, I've angered a friend who's a single dad (a dad who is single, who shares half of the parenting responsibilities of his teen son with his ex wife).

Here's the story...read it, respond...I really want to know how others feel and am intrigued to write something further about this. How do you feel as a woman, a man, a parent, or not a parent? How would it be different to you (if any) if this were a man? Would we SEE this story if a man did this? Do tell...anger me, intrigue me, reprimand me...whatever. I'll do the same in return.

*****
And here's a picture of broken boy, pre-cast, just for fun...


*****

No comments: