Yes. I guess I have.
Our time together (a week tomorrow), hasn’t been altogether wonderful for anyone involved. It includes:
Chloe getting her ass whooped by Nayda for three days
Chloe following me everywhere, nearly tripping me every time
Chloe licking her stitches 'til they're infected
Chloe receiving an undersized cone from the vet at visit #1
Chloe then coning her stitches 'til they swelled and bled
Chloe visiting the vet three times over the next 24 hours (two back-to-back late-night ER runs—Friday AND Saturday…woot!)
Chloe refusing to eat anything but wet food for a week
Chloe learning that there’s a pill in the peanut butter
Chloe chewing off bandage #4 while crated for two hours
Chloe getting cone #2 (oversized & taped) AND bandage #5
Chloe (conehead) jumping on my lap while I drive in a whiteout
Sleeping too much Chloe. Becoming slightly depressed Chloe. Feeling like a prisoner in what was supposed to be a new home Chloe.

*****

Poor puppers. What a shit first week with her new people. On the bright side, she’s a really great dog. And strange. She watches out the back hatch window while I drive (when she’s not trying to hop in my lap), and she sits backwards on the couch, watching out the big window. She has had only one accident in the house in a week. AND last night Nayda finally slept in the bed with us. She knows her name, she comes when called, and she’s gentle, sweet, my second baby ghoul.
I’m convinced all will be well, and I suppose that a tough time might just make us that much closer when all of this is over. When all of this is over. *Sigh* When all of this is over, we’re going to bound through the snow and run through the woods like the crazy, screaming, barking bitches that we are, making our way to the lake.
I can’t wait to show Chloe the whole world.
*****
2 comments:
She's beautiful and I'm sure she'll forget about the cone and all of its humiliations and pains soon after it's gone!
<3
I'm sure things will improve. We had our dog spayed shortly after we got her, too, and the cone and tutu were such a drag.
Post a Comment